With the release of Exchange 2010 SP2 last week Microsoft has officially provided one version of Exchange that is supported for both single tenant Enterprise deployments as well as multi-tenant Hosted deployments. This is great news for the service provider community as it simplifies the roadmap for hosting going forward. From a Systems Integrator perspective, it reduces the complexity our clients had faced previously regarding which version of Exchange to use. Without debating the merits of /Hosting vs. Enterprise, suffice to say there is no doubt that one version is better than two, especially as we move through the future releases of Exchange.
The Exchange team blog explains in detail how service providers can deploy Exchange 2010 SP2 in Enterprise mode and be supported. Here is the link:
The specific Microsoft Multi-Tenancy and Hosting Guidance documentation can be downloaded here:
Microsoft has also put in the effort to evaluate and document which ISV Control Panel partners are in the process of supporting Exchange 2010 SP2 in compliance with the hosting guidance white paper. Here is a link to the page that documents the supported ISV partners:
With this release we also get support for hosting on a version of Exchange that includes Unified Messaging. This is absolutely key for any service provider planning to offer Multi-tenant Hosted Lync when that product is released by the end of 2011, as Exchange 2010 SP2 Enterprise provides the voice mail platform for Hosted Lync.
Implement.com is pleased to offer the following services in support of the release of Exchange 2010 SP2:
- Planning and Design Workshops
- Three Day workshop that takes a service provider through an overview of Hosted Exchange 2010 SP2, including developing a server architecture and design gap analysis
- The workshops include a thorough overview of how to migrate from Exchange 2007 (and HMC if applicable) to Exchange 2010 as well as how to migrate from Exchange 2010 SP1 /Hosting to Exchange 2010 SP2 Enterprise
- The workshops can also include SharePoint 2010, Dynamics CRM 2011, and Multi-tenant Hosted Lync 2010
- Deployment and Migration Services
- Deployment includes building a lab and deploying the production platform. It also includes the option of deploying and ISV Control Panel solution to handle automated provisioning and delegated administration
- Migration Services include migrating from Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007 including HMC to Exchange 2010 SP2 Enterprise
- Additionally, implement.com offers automated migration services from legacy POP/IMAP platforms to Hosted Exchange. This capability is provided by our own migration platform called the Implement Migration Manager
- Deployments can also include SharePoint 2010, Dynamics CRM 2011, and Multi-tenant Hosted Lync 2010
- Manual Provisioning Guide
- This guide details how to manually provision Hosted Exchange 2010 SP2 in compliance with the Microsoft Multi-Tenancy and Hosting Guidance documentation.
- For more information, see this page for details.
- Out of Office Transport Agent
- This agent is currently under development and fills a gap identified in the Microsoft Multi-Tenancy and Hosting Guidance documentation wherein Out of Office messages between tenants on the same Hosted Exchange SP2 platform use the intra company message by default. The agent routes the messages between tenants on the same platform such that the external Out of Office message is used between tenants on the same Hosted Exchange Platform
- Hosted Solutions Support
- We have a solution in place for service providers looking to have their existing HMC Platform supported by our team that is very knowledgeable on HMC and MPS (Microsoft Provisioning System). With Microsoft officially ending support for HMC on Monday the 12th of December, this service offering is particularly useful for service providers that may need some time before migrating to Hosted Exchange 2010 SP2
- The support includes platform not operating on HMC and can also include SharePoint 2010, Dynamics CRM 2011, and Multi-tenant Hosted Lync 2010
This combination of service offerings provides implement.com clients with a comprehensive capability to enable them to migrate from any version of Exchange to Exchange 2010 SP2 Enterprise.
For more information please fill out a contact request form.